Monday, October 1, 2012

Miracle Milk!


What am I loving and craving today? Almond Milk! OK, for those of you who think I'm a little behind for just discovering almond milk, I should start by telling you that I have never liked milk. In fact, it's been over 20 years since I seriously had a glass of milk. I've been scared of the taste, texture (or lack there of). I have even hated it in my cereal!

This week, however, I decided I was going to make a change in my life. I was going to try milk in efforts to boost my calcium intake. Baby Austin needs it! So, I decided to start with almond milk. So glad I did. Let me give you just a few great reasons why this is not only my new favorite treat, but it's now becoming my pregnancy miracle!!!

1. It makes my nausea disappear! (This is first and foremost!)
2. Tastes like ice cream (I like the vanilla flavor)
3. Unsweetened almond milk contains half the calories of dairy skim milk
4. 50% more calcium than regular milk
5. More antioxidants (each serving provides 50% of the recommended daily value of the essential Vitamin E nutrient) 
6. No lactose, saturated fat, or cholesterol

Now, pour a glass and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I am happy you found the solution to your morning sickness. You are looking good Emily. Love you!

    ReplyDelete