Friday, February 15, 2013

Week 31

How I feel: This week I've experienced a case of extreme mood swings. Between my long commute to work, the constant stress of getting things wrapped up in the office before my maternity leave, and the anxiety of the next few weeks ahead, I think anyone would feel a little exhausted and out of their element too.  Luckily, my husband and sweet mom have been the there along the way to help me get through the highs and lows. I've been a bit of a hormonal monster, but they've been nothing but supportive and extremely forgiving. Every preggy should have a strong support system, so thank you mom and hubby!
 
How I'm preparing: I have to be honest, due to the limited amount of "free-time" I have, it's been difficult for me to catch up on reading or attend as many classes as I would like. The classes are extremely time consuming, lasting anywhere between 3-5 hours. I just don't have that kind of time! So, I've resorted to the next best thing...online videos. I've found Baby Center and You Tube to be particularly resourceful. Another fantastic resource has been Babies R Us. Do you know that they offer parenting classes every other Wednesday of the month?! The best part? They are FREE and only last about an hour! On the 27th I will be attending the first class on breast feeding! So, if you're strapped on time and/or cash, this may be a good alternative. I'll keep you posted.  
 
About Week 31: Baby Sofia measures over 16 inches long and weighs about 3 lbs. (Baby Center compares it to carrying 4 naval oranges). She can now turn her head from side to side, and her little body is starting to plump out. She's extremely active and seems like she's developing as expected. Only 8 more weeks until her arrival! Hooray!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment